Event Submission & Guidelines
Event Submission Guidelines
To qualify for posting the event must be a carefully planned, legal gathering that is open to the public; includes entertainment, programming, and/or activities; and involves a targeted theme or cause benefitting first responders.
Additionally, the event must be:
- Located within 30 miles of Washington County
- Open to the public
- Not exclusionary in nature
Items Not Permitted on the Calendar:
Commercial, private, political or religious advertising of an event that does not involves a targeted theme or cause benefitting first responders.
Cause or opinion-based activities which are deemed inappropriate as deemed by the Bonanza Extravaganza.
Discriminate, hostile, or extremist activities
Fundraisers that are not part of an actual “event” will not be listed on city calendars. This includes restaurant events that donate a portion of sales to a certain organization (even if non-profit), sales of coupon books, cookie sales, etc. Requests should be submitted online no later than the 15th of the month prior to the event. For example, a request to advertise an event taking place in December should be submitted by November 15. Events submitted after that date may or may not be posted.
Posting of an event for the calendar does not mean the foundation supports or supplies any resources for the event.
- Submissions will not be posted or removed if they are found to include any of the following:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal interest of any other party
Note: Anonymous and incomplete submissions will not be posted. No exceptions. The Bonanza Extravaganza community calendar is a text-only listing. Fliers, brochures, and other documents will not be posted.
The Bonanza Extravaganza reserves the right to restrict or remove any content or event that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. The Calendar is the property of the Bonanza Extravaganza, and as such, reserves the right to reject or to post, review and edit, prior to inclusion on the Calendar, all electronic mail and event announcement forms received.